Workers' Compensation

Financial Relief When You're Hurt at Work

Mississippi Workers’ Comp. Lawyers Fighting to Get You Maximum Benefits

If your are hurt on the job we will fight to get you all the benefits that the law provides.

Our experienced workers compensation lawyers and staff will pursue your claim to get you temporary benefits while you are unable to work and compensation for any permanent injuries your suffer.

Many workplace injuries can result in a workers comp. claim including:

  • Slip-and-fall or trip-and-fall
  • Fall to lower level
  • Overexertion
  • Being struck by a moving object
  • Impact with a stationary object
  • Car or truck accident
  • Machinery accident
  • Repetitive motion injury
  • Workplace violence

Don’t see your workplace injury here? Call or drop us a note to discuss how we can help you

Help That Comes to You

If you are not well enough to come to our office, our lawyers and staff will come to you.

“I was injured at work and did not hire an attorney to handle my Workers’ Compensation claim, so I did not get very much money. A couple of years later I called Elmore & Peterson and they were able to sue the company that installed the machine that injured me. They got me a lot more money for my injuries.”

Sergio H., Jackson, MS

Elizabeth C., Mississippi

Bilingual Lawyers and Staff

We have English and Spanish speaking staff. If you give us notice, we can provide interpreters for other languages.

Frequently Asked Immigration Questions

Who pays for my medical care if I am injured at work?

It is your employer’s responsibility to provide all of the medical attention you need from the first visit to the emergency room to the doctor’s final release from care. This obligation of the employer only ends when the injured worker reaches maximum medical improvement. If the employer does not fulfill these obligations you should contact Elmore & Peterson so we can give you a free consultation on your case.

What is Maximum Medical Improvement?

Maximum medical improvement (MMI) occurs when the injured worker’s doctor certifies that his injury has improved as much as it is going to improve. Sometimes the recovery is total and the client has no permanent injuries. But if the client’s recovery is less than 100%, he is entitled to receive damages for his loss and any effect it will have on his future earning capacity. Insurance companies routinely underestimate this loss of future earnings. It is your attorney’s job to make sure that you receive full compensation.

Do I still get paid while I am recovering from my injury?

You will likely be entitled to Temporary Total Disability (TTD). The amount of TTD you receive will depend on the average weekly wage you received at the time of the accident. You should receive your first TTD check within fourteen days of your accident.

Do I receive compensation for my permanent medical limitations?

Your treating medical doctor will determine your permanent medical limitations resulting from the accident. He may order a Functional Capacity Evaluation (FCE) to assist in this process. He will then assign a medical impairment rating, which is expressed as a percentage. Insurance companies will often offer to settle a workers’ compensation claim based on this percentage rating. At Elmore & Peterson, we have had a great deal of success getting our clients 3 and 4 times the amount of their impairment rating. We can also secure compensation for future medical costs. Do not accept less than your case deserves. Once you have settled your claim it is almost impossible to get more money.

Can I pursue a personal injury claim against parties that caused my injury even if I am receiving worker’s compensation benefits?

Yes, you can maintain a civil lawsuit against a third party if you can show that the third party’s negligence caused your injuries. Your workers’ compensation carrier may be entitled to get some or all of their money back out of your recovery from the negligent third party.

Don’t see the answer you were looking for? Call or drop us a note – we will be happy to talk to you – no obligation!