Nathan H. Elmore graduated from Mississippi State University where he earned his Bachelor of Arts in History. He studied law at the University of Georgia and earned his Juris Doctor, cum laude in 1995. Mr. Elmore began his legal career with the Hinds County Public Defender’s Office, representing persons charged with violent, property and drug crimes. He opened his own law firm in 1998. Mr. Elmore has geared his practice toward assisting immigrants from nations as diverse as Mexico and Guatemala to India and Yemen. He still provides criminal defense to clients throughout the State of Mississippi. Mr. Elmore has also successfully vindicated the rights of injured clients in worker’s compensation and personal injury claims. He appears regularly in Chancery Court where he handles divorce, custody and guardianship matters. Mr. Elmore frequently travels to New Orleans and Memphis to defend clients in removal proceedings before the United States immigration courts.
Mr. Elmore has been admitted to practice before the Supreme Court of the United States of America and has conducted oral argument before the 5th Circuit Court of Appeals in New Orleans. He practices regularly in the United States District Court for the Southern District of Mississippi and has handled matters before the United States District Court for the Northern District of Mississippi. Mr. Elmore has represented numerous clients before the Supreme Court of Mississippi and the Mississippi Court of Appeals. He has represented clients in Circuit, Chancery, Justice and Municipal courts throughout the State of Mississippi.
Mr. Elmore endeavors to provide quality legal representation and counsel to immigrants to ensure they receive equal justice under the constitutions and laws of the United States and the State of Mississippi.
Year Joined Firm: 1998
Areas of Practice
- Federal Felony Criminal Defense
- State Felony Criminal Defense
- DUI and misdemeanor cases
- Auto and Workplace Injuries in Federal and State Courts
- Workplace injuries before the Mississippi Worker’s Compensation Commission
- Family Law in State Court
- Asylum and Humanitarian Defense of Removal in Immigration Court
- Mississippi (1995)
Education and Honorifics
- University of Georgia School of Law (1995)
- Mississippi State University (1992)
- Consulting Attorney to the Mexican Consulate in New Orleans, Louisiana since 2011
- English and Spanish. Mr. Elmore has traveled extensively throughout Latin America.
- Guardian UK newspaper – March 2017
- Clarion Ledger Newspaper – multiple appearances in March 2017
- WLBT News – multiple appearances in March 2017
- Know your Rights presentations at several statewide events hosted by the Mexican Consulate of New Orleans, Louisiana – 2012 to 2018