Legal Documents

Birth Certificates, Travel Authorizations & More

Thorough Legal Document Services to Ensure That Your Paperwork is Valid

We work with our clients to correct mistakes on their birth certificates and other legal documents, providing power of attorney and travel guardianship documentation.

Birth Certificates Correction

We legally correct common mistakes on birth certificates from the state of Mississippi or elsewhere in the U.S. Mistakes may include incorrect surnames for the parents or child, typos and misspellings, wrong birthdays or place of birth.

Travel Authorizations

  • We will ensure that you have the correct documentation for traveling outside the United States.
  • Make sure you and your family have the proper authorization to travel out of the country with a minor.

Power of Attorney

Elmore & Peterson can provide a power of attorney that allows another person or organization to manage your affairs while you are unable to do so.

Don’t see your legal document listed? Call or drop us a note to discuss how we can help you.

“I had a great experience with this law firm. They were professional at all times and treated my case as if it was as important to them as it was to me. I always felt listened to and taken care of, and I appreciated their service and professionalism. I also had occasion to use their bilingual services, and they were first rate.

Thank you Elmore and Peterson for a great experience!!”

Elizabeth C., Jackson, MS

Bilingual Lawyers and Staff

We have English and Spanish speaking staff. If you give us notice, we can provide interpreters for other languages.

Frequently Asked Legal Document Questions

What is an Apostille?

An Apostille certifies and authenticates a document. This process verifies the authenticity of a document in order to make it valid and admissible internationally. We can help you obtain an Apostille for birth certificates, marriage licenses or other legal documents that have been notarized by a Notary Public.

What is a Travel Authorization?

A Travel Authorization is a document that allows a minor child to travel abroad with just one parent, another family member or a friend of the family. We can assist you with a Travel Authorization that can be shown to border officers as you are exiting or entering the United States. (All admissions into the United States are ultimately determined by the Unites States Department of Homeland Security.)

What is a Birth Certificate Correction?

Elmore & Peterson has gone to Court to help hundreds of parents to correct mistakes on the birth certificates of their children, including incorrect surnames for the child, mother or father as well as incorrect spellings, birth dates or places of birth. We can help with birth certificates in the State of Mississippi and many other states.

What is a Power of Attorney?

A power of attorney allows another person to manage your affairs when you are unable to do so. The Power of Attorney document must be notarized.

Don’t see the answer you were looking for? Call or drop us a note – we will be happy to talk to you – no obligation!