Workers Compensation

We work hard to get you the best compensation for your injuries and get you the medical attention that you need

Elmore & Peterson represents workers all over the State that have been injured on the job

Experienced Lawyers for Workers Compensation

Experienced Lawyers

Elmore & Peterson’s experienced and bilingual attorneys and staff will pursue your workers compensation claim to obtain the best result possible. The attorneys strive to make sure clients receive temporary benefits while they are unable to work and compensation for any permanent injuries they suffer.

 Pursue a compensation claim

We know how to pursue a compensation claim

Elmore & Peterson firmly believes that after an accident, our client needs to recover all the benefits that the law provides. We work hard to get just and fair compensation for our clients.

Bilingual Staff

Bilingual Staff

Elmore & Peterson has English and Spanish speaking staff who can discuss your case with you. We will provide interpreters for court and important medical visits to ensure that judges and doctors fully understand the facts of your case and the severity of the injuries you have suffered. If you cannot come to our office, we will come to you. Contact us any time

Frequently Asked Questions

Workers Compensation

1.  Who pays for my medical care if I am injured at work? It is your employer’s responsibility to provide all of the medical attention you need from the first visit to the emergency room to the doctor’s final release from care.  This obligation of the employer only ends when the injured worker reaches maximum medical improvement.  If the employer does not fulfill these obligations you should contact Elmore & Peterson so we can give you a free consultation on your case.


2.  What is Maximum Medical Improvement? Maximum medical improvement (MMI) occurs when the injured worker’s doctor certifies that his injury has improved as much as it is going to improve.  Sometimes the recovery is total and the client has no permanent injuries.  But if the client’s recovery is less than 100%, he is entitled to receive damages for his loss and any effect it will have on his future earning capacity.  Insurance companies routinely underestimate this loss of future earnings.  It is your attorney’s job to make sure that you receive full compensation.


3.  Do I still get paid while I am recovering from my injury? You will likely be entitled to Temporary Total Disability (TTD).  The amount of TTD you receive will depend on the average weekly wage you received at the time of the accident.  You should receive your first TTD check within fourteen days of the accident.


4.  Do I receive compensation for my permanent medical limitations? Your treating medical doctor will determine your permanent medical limitations resulting from the accident.  He may order a Functional Capacity Evaluation (FCE) to assist in this process.  He will then assign a medical impairment rating, which is expressed as a percentage.  Insurance companies will often offer to settle a workers’ compensation claim based on this percentage rating.  At Elmore & Peterson, we have had a great deal of success getting our clients 3 and 4 times the amount of their impairment rating. We can also secure compensation for future medical costs. Do not accept less than your case deserves.  Once you have settled your claim it is almost impossible to get more money.


5.  Can I pursue a personal injury claim against parties that caused my injury even if I am receiving worker’s compensation benefits? Yes, you can maintain a civil lawsuit against a third party if you can show that the third party’s negligence caused your injuries.  Your workers’ compensation carrier may be entitled to get some or all of their money back out of your recovery from the negligent third party.