Personal Injury

Car Accidents

Elmore & Peterson has represented clients in car and 18 wheeler accident cases throughout the State of Mississippi and recovered millions of dollars for their clients and their families

Car Accident Injuries

Compensation for your Injuries

We will diligently pursue your case through medical examinations, investigation of the facts, depositions, expert witnesses and trial. We will push the insurance company to resolve your case quickly and fairly. It is our job to make sure that our clients are awarded the money they need and deserve

Bilingual Staff

Bilingual Lawyers and Staff

Elmore & Peterson has English and Spanish speaking attorneys and staff who can discuss your case with you. We will provide interpreters for court and important medical visits to ensure that judges and doctors fully understand the facts of your case and the severity of the injuries you have suffered. If you cannot come to our office, we will come to you. Contact us any time.

Car Accidents

Frequently Asked Questions

Car Accidents

1. Can I sue even if I was partially at fault for causing the accident? An injured person can still sue a negligent driver even if he is partially responsible for causing the accident, but the amount of the injured person’s recovery will be reduced by the amount of his fault.


2.  Will my auto accident case settle out of court? Probably.  The large majority of auto and truck accident cases settle before trial.


3.  How soon must I file a lawsuit? The general statue of limitations in Mississippi is three years, but the time to bring a lawsuit may be shorter for medical malpractice cases, cases against public entities, or suits involving intentional acts.  The time period can also change in cases where a minor is injured.  There are other exceptions to the general three year rule.  Every year people lose their right to recover damages by not filing their lawsuit in a timely fashion.  It is extremely important that you seek the advice of an attorney as soon as possible if you have a serious injury resulting from an auto or truck accident or if a loved one has died.